Tuesday 18 December 2012

A little bit of Christmas creepin' in / How big is space?

I love finding a good swooshy dress. You may have noticed I got a little bit carried away swooshing around in this one in those last photos... haha. This is my first Christmas inspired outfit. I forced myself to try and wear some green, because I always have trouble styling green and often avoid it - but being Christmas, I figured it'd be a good time to start trying (especially with this amazing red and green satchel backpack)! This awesome lace dress from Koogal, however, had the perfect shape for pairing with my favourite green vintage blazer, so I was able to put together my first Christmassy outfit of the year!
wearing
dress - c/o Koogal
blazer - Vintage
tights - Vintage
shoes - Label shoes c/o Chictopia shop
necklace - c/o Oasap
bag- c/o Oasap

OH! And I also want to say thank you for the super nice responses to the video I posted the other day! I totally forgot that I would have an accent to most of you, then started stressing out that I sounded horribly Australian, like this: "maaaayyyte c'mon and throw some shrimp on the baaaaarbie mayte! Fair dinkummmm, maaate." Haha, but apparently I actually sound NOT like that. So, basically, thanks for saying I sounded nice :) Any suggestions for future vlogs are welcome!

I also found this really cool  page today, created by the Information is Beautiful Studio, and I wanted to share it. If you're stressing out about Christmas please stop for a moment - and try and think about how big the universe is instead.
So it's called "How big is Space", but ends up finishing on the edge of our own solar system (and you're glad when it does! Every time it changed scale my sense of self shrunk about 100 times). I had no idea our own solar system was this big, and I blame text book images like this that make the scale of our solar system seem pretty small in relation to the Earth.

Well, it isn't.

Have your mind blown. Click here.

And I hope you're all having a lovely Tuesday.

20 comments:

  1. I saw you post the how big is space on tumblr and I was absolutely AMAZED! How incredible, my mind was blown.

    You're wearing a wonderful Christmas inspired outfit. I am still not sure what I am going to wear

    xx Carina
    windsweptwishesx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love doing what I used to do as a little girl: spinning in a circle and watching the skirt swoosh, so I don't blame you for getting carried away with this. I love the bag pack, that deep red is really cool. And of course the dress is gorgeous. I'm now going to this science site you speak of because it sounds really cool :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just checked out that site. I feel so small!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha i know right?! everytime the scale changed I freaked the heck out haha

      Delete
  4. Love the shoes!

    Suvi
    http://sutuko.blogspot.fi/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lace dresses are becoming a bit of an obsession of mine... ;) Cute outfit!

    http://www.pirateandlilac.com
    enter to win $50 to Modcloth or Lululemon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look gorgeous in this lace dress! I think your green blazer looks awesome with it. Such a cute red and green satchel purse too.
    I've actually seen that website before and it blows my mind! I have a hard time wrapping my head around the distances, but I guess that's a normal reaction!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yep I think you'd have a mental breakdown if you could ACTUALLY perceive that kind of size. I would I'm sure haha

      Delete
  7. This is super petty. You look gorgeous and the dress is just amazing. Such a pretty thing <3 xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. 22 million years of scrolling. D:

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great!!! Love your shoes soo so much!! :D

    www.udontthinktwice.com

    best wishes xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is perfect, everyting about this is really nice ;D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely....so very lovely.
    Hey, I wanted to let you know. Just got back to the states after months in Europe , where I really took in the fashion.....
    I loved your blog when you showed us your romper...... and how to sew one.
    I just did, now that I'm back at the family sewing machine,,,,,, I actually wore it on Christmas day.......
    with sheer green tights......
    Hope you remember me? Jayme, the ballet student. Thanks sooooo much for your blog!!!!!
    You are a fashion genius, and also a beautiful girl.
    Jayme, a guy who loves fashion as much as he loves dance.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I absolutely love your quirk and bohemian style!!! You are so chic. Keep doing what you do! You have inspired me to create my own blog! And I'm only twelve!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww really? That's awesome. Thanks so much, and good luck to you! I'd love to see a link to it :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a message! I read every single one. Don't forget to check back for a reply if you leave a question! ♥

Related Posts with Thumbnails