Monday 9 December 2013

Sailor Mars / Earth From The ISS

dress is from Clear It (Dangerfield) | bag is thrifted | shoes are c/o Yeswalker | cardigan c/o Sheinside(?) | socks from a market stall

I have had this dress for months now, and I don't know why I haven't blogged about it yet - it's definitely one of my favourites! Maybe it was because I was subconsciously waiting to re-dye my hair, because the dress goes really well with red curls! Always a sucker for sailor-style dresses and twirly skirts, I feel like I'm channeling Sailor Mars a little bit in this outfit. I had had my eye on this Dangerfield dress from about April this year, and happened to find the dress marked down to a ridiculously low price (from the original $88) in Dangerfield's clearance store. My heart broke when I saw that the only one left was a size too small - but I decided that I would just have to squeeze into it, because I couldn't not buy it. I don't regret my decision at all :)

If, like me, you think that Gravity was kinda incredible (I was inconsolable for long stretches of that film - luckily we saw it in a near-empty cinema because I was doing some serious sobbing), or even if you have any passing interest in astronomy, you'll love this video: a gorgeous 3-minute compilation of videos taken from the international space station, looking both down on Earth at night, and up into the rest of space. Enjoy!

I hope you're all having a lovely day,







Bloglovin' | Facebook | Twitter |  Instagram | Chictopia | Lookbook | Tumblr

20 comments:

  1. uuuuuuugh that video .... my heart is going to explode it's so perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have this dress :3 love it, it's so nice to wear! it also comes in blue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so adorable! Glad I came across your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love sailor styles too. looks great on you & definitely suits your red curls.
    those socks!!! ♥

    I haven't seen Gravity yet but I want to soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, how I love a good Sailor Moon reference. And you're right -- this dress looks a lot like Sailor Mars. Beautiful. I'm loving that you're showing your real hair more often, too. You are beautiful, Annika!

    Love, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  6. this would be perfect for Valentine's day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty dress, love the Sailor Moon reference! :)

    <3 Megan
    http://www.garden-variety.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm just crying. I want that dress so badly <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like the dress but I think the best part of the outfit is the socks. Those are adorable. I wish I could pull off socks, buckle shoes and a dress but unfortunately I can't :( So I'll just have to envy you from a distance instead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why on earth not? You should give it a go! I think the idea that certain people or body types "can't pull off" certain clothes is silly. I will dress in any style I please, no matter whether or not I'm supposed to be able to "pull it off" because of how I look. :)

      Delete
    2. I've tried in the past and it was just uncomfortable :S
      Maybe I need to try a different sock/dress/shoe combo?! This may well have been the problem.

      Delete
  10. cute dress and great video! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cool outfit and awesome pics just loved
    http://heyhadrien.blogspot.com/2013/12/under-deconstruction-street.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your hair looks nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Too darling in its entirety. ♡♡
    ♡ Dulce

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh my god, I'm hyperventilating over that dress! it's so freaking awesome, really! great outfit, Annika!
    -
    Ester @ Drawing Dreaming

    ReplyDelete
  15. This dress is seriously so awesome! I wish I had one! I have a white sailor dress but I feel like I'd wear red way more often. I love your little heart socks paired with it. Such a perfect outfit.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a message! I read every single one. Don't forget to check back for a reply if you leave a question! ♥

Related Posts with Thumbnails