Monday 22 December 2014

DIY Cat Pockets Dress - Make Thrift Buy #10

So I'm up to episode number 10 of Make Thrift Buy (!) and I've somehow managed to do 2 cat-themed things already. Well, this is the internet after all. 

I've been on the lookout for loose-fitting black dresses in op-shops for months now so that I could try to make this Dolls Kill pinafore/dress! Retailing for a somewhat ridiculous $119, I thought that I could probably recreate it for somewhat cheaper. I reaaaally like how it turned out. Anyway, have a watch & enjoy! And please keep those amazing suggestions for new challenges coming!

p.s. for people without overlockers, I added a whole bunch of tips for sewing stretch fabrics to the video description.

Love,






Bloglovin' | Youtube | Facebook | Twitter |  Instagram | Chictopia | Lookbook | Tumblr

12 comments:

  1. Great tutorial :) Can't believe the original dress costs $119!

    Jennifer x

    artstylelove.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. A tip for people without overlockers: I once was sewing a dress and I had the same "stretchy hem curling up" problem. I didn't even think about overlocking it, and if I did it would have made the fabric worse. So I grabbed a piece of wax paper and some old hairspray and gave the hem a good spray, waited for it to dry, ironed it, and then attempted to sew it. And it made it a lot easier! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's an awesome tip, thank you so much for sharing! I'm going to add it to the video description if you don't mind :)

      Delete
    2. I added a whole bunch of tips for sewing stretch fabrics without overlockers to the video description for anyone who is interested!

      Delete
  3. The dress looks fabulous and oh so cute - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice dresses, love it,and the price is alluring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks adorable!! I love anything with animals on it, I cant wait to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If there was a such thing as "adorably unique," I think this would be apart of the category. Cats are "wearing on me" as of late. By the way, your DIY's are cool. I like that they take risk and that they're easy to re-create.

    http://designsbytuesdai.com/Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. It turned out great!! I need to start sewing on pockets onto my things

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your DIY's! ♥

    I was wondering if you had any ideas of what to make with old tights. I have so many with rips and holes in them. Tights last so little D:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Socks! I have made a couple of old tights that were pretty colours into socks - I just cut them shorter ;)

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a message! I read every single one. Don't forget to check back for a reply if you leave a question! ♥

Related Posts with Thumbnails